At the final briefing, Deputy Prime Minister – Minister of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine Iryna Vereshchuk revealed the details of the first exchange of prisoners and civilians, which took place on March 24 and cited the names of Ukrainian citizens abducted by russia.
“Our prisoners of war and civilians were exchanged today. They are all safe and getting the help they need. We continue to work for the release of all our citizens, including border guards and civilians from Zmiiny Island” – Iryna Vereshchuk said.
Also, according to her, the complaint was sent to the russian federation for the release of 14 abducted peaceful Ukrainian citizens – representatives of local self-government.
Ukraine insists that the capture of civilians is a violation of international humanitarian law and demands their immediate release.
Here is a list of these people:
- Tatiana Bezlyudna, deputy of the village council of Andriyivka village, Chernihiv region;
- Dmitry Vasiliev, secretary of the Novokakhovka City Council, Nova Kakhovka, Kherson Region;
- Volodymyr Karaberov, head of the Mangush territorial community of the Mariupol district of the Donetsk region;
- Oleksiy Kartsan, head of the village of Gremyach, Novhorod-Siverskyi district, Kharkiv region;
- Victor Marunyak, head of the Starozburyevskaya united territorial community of the Starostinsky district of the Holoprystan city council of the Skadovsk district of the Kherson region;
- Eugene Matveev, mayor of Dniprorudne, Zaporizhzhia region;
- Oleksandr Musienko, head of Chulakivska unified territorial community of Holoprystan district of Kherson region;
- Yuriy Palyukh, secretary of Skadovsk City Council, Skadovsk City, Kherson Region;
- Oleksandr Ponomaryov, People’s Deputy of Ukraine, Opposition fraction for life, disappeared in Berdyansk;
- Serhiy Pryima, chairman of the Melitopol District Council, Melitopol City, Zaporizhzhia region;
- Ivan Samoidyuk, first deputy mayor of Energodar;
- Mykola Sikalenko, head of the Tsyrkunivska united territorial community of the Kharkiv district of the Kharkiv region;
- Volodymyr Tyurin, deputy head of the Shchastyna City military-civilian administration, the city of Shchastya, Donetsk region;
- Alexander Shapovalov, the mayor of Berislav of the Kherson region.
“In recent days, I have received many reports from people who managed to escape from the capture of the occupiers – said Iryna Vereshchuk. – They report mass cases of torture. I want publicly emphasize that we will find every occupier and their supporters who commit war crimes, and bring them to the strictest responsibility in The Hague and other courts! All russian soldiers have to know: we will not allow you to avoid punishment for crimes! For all the severity of legislation – domestic and international. Don’t think that we don’t know your names!” – said the Deputy Prime Minister.