The Helping Hand program is designed to help unemployed people from low-income families. It provides a one-time interest-free repayable assistance of up to UAH 100.5 thousand to start or develop a business for a period of 3 years. The program is implemented by the Ministry of Social Policy.
Who is eligible for assistance?
An unemployed able-bodied person from a low-income family registered as unemployed at the Employment Center.
What is financial assistance provided for?
For the purchase of equipment and materials necessary for the development of your own business.
Where to apply and what documents are required to participate in the program?
To the nearest Employment Center. There, the Commission on Assistance for the Economic Independence of Low-Income Families must be provided with:
– an application for financial assistance;
– business plan;
– a certificate of no criminal record.
What is the procedure for receiving assistance?
The Commission reviews the submitted documents and sends the applicant a notification of the decision. If the decision is positive, the applicant must do the following:
– register as an individual entrepreneur or register a legal entity within 30 calendar days;
– enter into a financial assistance agreement with the Employment Center;
– provide the Employment Center with an invoice and a contract with the supplier of equipment or materials;
– after the Employment Center transfers funds to the seller’s account, receive the equipment or materials.
Conditions for the return of aid – options:
– after the expiration of a three-year period from the date of its receipt in one payment (within 30 calendar days),
– ahead of schedule, in installments according to a schedule agreed upon by the employment center.
Important! The amount of refundable financial assistance is reduced by the amount of taxes, fees, and unified social contribution paid.
Financial aid is not refundable if the entrepreneur:
– paid taxes, fees and unified social contribution in an amount exceeding the amount of the financial assistance provided;
– in the first year from the date of receiving the assistance, employed at least two persons from low-income families for a period of at least 2 years at the recommendation of the employment center.