It is not easy for children to cope when their loved ones go to defend Ukraine. Therefore, they need special support.
Here are some tips to help your child survive separation and anxiety more easily:
- Try to keep the child in contact with his or her family by phone, messengers, etc. If possible, share photos and videos.
- Keep track of what the child sees and hears in the news, discuss it. They have the right to know what is happening, but make sure that the information is not too shocking.
- Ask them frequently how they feel and what you can do to help.
- Don’t keep them busy with clubs to distract them. This can lead to even more stress.
- Keep a balance of feelings you share. It is better not to show your suffering, as this may upset them even more.
- Visit a psychologist together or give them the opportunity to visit the psychologist on their own.