In his speech at the Ukraine Recovery Conference in London, Denys Shmyhal outlined the main stages of the country’s reconstruction.
- Damage assessment. Together with the World Bank, the European Commission, and the UN, we established the necessary mechanism for estimating. The need for recovery is at least $411 billion.
- Rapid recovery priorities include energy, humanitarian demining, critical and social infrastructure, and economic support. For tasks in these areas, $14.1 billion is needed.
- New infrastructure. Key areas: safety, barrier-free access, energy efficiency, and green technologies.
- Earlier, we presented the digital recovery ecosystem, allowing you to control every stage of the recovery project.
- The funding should come from confiscated russian assets, assistance from international partners, and funds from the Ukrainian budget. In particular, fair mechanisms are being prepared to confiscate up to $500 billion of russian assets.