In a prepared document, the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe calls on member states to support Ukraine’s membership in NATO.
The Assembly also supports President Volodymyr Zelensky’s peace formula and welcomes the creation of a register of damage caused by russian aggression. The Facebook page of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine reported this.
Among others, the decision adopted by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe was proposed:
- recognize the Russian Federation as guilty of committing a war crime – the bombing of the Kakhovka hydroelectric power plant;
- expand the list of individuals and entities subject to sanctions in the russian federation, belarus, and third countries;
- continue to increase the provision of additional civilian and military assistance to Ukraine;
- create strategic economic autonomy from Russian gas and oil;
- create a public register of companies and individuals working to benefit russian interests;
- recognize the regime of the russian federation as following the dangerous ideology of racism and promoting the crime of genocide;
- begin the process of creating a mechanism for monitoring sanctions compliance and tracking sanctions evasion;
- recognize the Wagner Private Military Company and other paramilitary groups as terrorist groups.