The Ministry of Social Policy has developed several innovations to make assistance to IDPs more effective and focused on those who need it most.
The Government adopted Resolution No. 332 on Housing Payments to Internally Displaced Persons on July 11, 2023.
The essence of the changes is as follows:
- Those who have already received assistance will receive payments until the end of January 2024, 6 months from August 1, 2023.
- Beginning August 1, 2023, new beneficiaries will receive payments for a period of 6 months.
- Beginning August 1, 2023, payments will stop for those who:
- stay abroad for more than 30 consecutive calendar days;
- returned to the abandoned residence;
- are serving their sentences in prisons;
- were convicted of crimes against the national security of Ukraine.
- As of September 1, 2023, those who have been entitled to payments since Resolution No. 332 went into effect will no longer – be entitled to payments:
- purchased a vehicle that is less than 5 years old;
- bought real estate worth more than 100 thousand UAH;
- have funds in the amount of more than 100 thousand UAH in a deposit bank account;
- purchased foreign currency (except for currency received from charitable organizations or purchased to pay for medical, social, and educational services), as well as precious metals in the amount of more than 100 thousand UAH;
- own housing located in areas not under hostilities and not temporarily occupied.
- A review of the recipients of payments will be carried out, as a result of which some IDPs may no longer receive payments, and they will be duly informed. The remaining IDPs will have their payments automatically extended, with no further action required.