How to get a ready-made passport if the State Migration Service unit has stopped working

Опубліковано 19 July 2023 року, о 9:31

Currently, some units of the State Migration Service have stopped working in Ukraine due to temporary occupation or hostilities. Therefore, the question arises as to how citizens can complete the procedure for obtaining a passport if they have previously applied the document to such a body.

In this regard, the SMS provides explanations both for citizens who are in Ukraine and for those who are currently abroad. So, to complete the process of obtaining a passport, you need to:

If a person is on the territory of Ukraine, he/she should apply to any territorial body/division of the SMS operating and submit a written application.

If the person is abroad, he/she should apply in person with a written application to the state enterprise “Document” representative office located abroad.

After reviewing the request, the application for issuance of a passport is forwarded to another unit of the SMS.

It will complete the passport issuance process. The issued passport will be transferred to the state enterprise “Document” to which the person has submitted the relevant application.