Homeowners can remotely apply for compensation for sheltering IDPs

Опубліковано 21 July 2023 року, о 16:46

Property owners can provide temporary housing for internally displaced persons under the “Shelter” program, even if they are abroad. And also to receive compensation for the free accommodation of such persons in their homes.

To do this, you need to register on the “Shelter” website and place an ad to provide shelter to internally displaced persons. In addition to homeowners, their representatives can do this.

Please note that it is not necessary to be present to claim compensation.

It is enough to send a letter of notification with copies of supporting documents to the e-mail address specified by the competent executive body of local self-government.  For the compensation to be calculated correctly, this must be done no later than the next business day after the provision of housing to the IDPs. The forms for such notices and requests are available here.

The said compensation is paid in the amount of 450 UAH per month for the accommodation of one IDP during the warm season and 900 UAH during the cold season.