How do I enroll a child in school upon return to Ukraine?

Опубліковано 31 July 2023 року, о 18:45

Ukrainians returning from abroad should be aware of certain peculiarities of enrolling a child in school. The Ministry of Education and Science explains some of the details of this process.

Upon return from abroad, the child can enroll in the same school where he or she studied, based on the request of a parent or guardian. Or to any other school.

The application must be accompanied by an official transcript or certificate of graduation from a foreign institution of higher education. It should include the student’s personal information, the name of the school, the period of study, a list of subjects, as well as learning outcomes and the grading system.

If you do not have such a document, you can take an annual assessment in all subjects before or during the next school year.

Subjects that match the Ukrainian program will be converted to a 12-point scale and credited. The rest will require exams. Read more about enrolling a child in school upon returning to Ukraine.