Ukrainians who have a child born in the Temporarily Occupied Territory (TOT) can register the fact of his or her birth under Ukrainian law. The Ministry of Justice explained the mechanism of such registration.
Parents or relatives of the child should send an application and scanned copies (photos) of the following documents to the following e-mail address: [email protected]:
1) an application for birth registration in any form, which contains information about the child, mother, and father (name, surname, patronymic, date of birth, citizenship, registered residence, passport data);
2) passports of the parents (one of them) or the passport of the applicant, if the child’s parents are not registered;
3) marriage certificates (if available);
– a medical birth certificate;
– a certificate from a physician who was present at the delivery or who performed the initial examination of the newborn.
Please note that a medical document must be issued by a medical facility by Ukrainian law.
After the birth is registered, the applicants will receive a copy of the child’s birth certificate in their e-mail.
To obtain the original document, relatives or their representatives (by power of attorney) should apply to any registry office in the territory controlled by Ukraine, presenting the original documents.
For more information on the algorithm for registering the fact of a child’s birth and the procedure for filling out an application, please follow the link.