How a person abroad can refuse IDP payments: explanation

Опубліковано 14 August 2023 року, о 9:49

The Ministry of Reintegration often receives questions about how to deny IDP payments remotely when a person is abroad. Therefore, we have prepared an explanation of how to do this.

People who have traveled abroad and are unable to visit social security offices in person can remotely apply for IDP payments and other types of government assistance.

To do this, you need to send a request for denial of financial assistance by e-mail or mail to the address of the social security body in Ukraine where you are registered.

The application, in any form, must contain the following mandatory information:

– The name of the social security office where the citizen is registered;

– Surname, first name, patronymic (if any) of the beneficiary;

– Address of registered/declared place of residence/stay;

– Contact cell phone number;

– E-mail address (if available);

– Type of assistance received (IDP housing allowance).

The contact details of such bodies are published on the websites of the regional state administrations and the executive bodies of the city and district councils.

The above procedure applies to those who have returned to their place of residence, left for temporary or permanent residence abroad, or have been abroad for more than 30 consecutive calendar days or more than 60 calendar days in total during the six months of receiving assistance.

In addition, if you have the technical capabilities and a taxpayer registration number, you can submit a notice of refusal of assistance through the Diia portal.