Ukrainians use their bank cards to pay for goods and services online. It’s fast and convenient. But it is worth remembering security measures to prevent online fraudsters from getting hold of your card details.
Here are a few simple tips:
- Apply for a virtual card for online payments only.
- Only load it with the amount you need for specific purchases.
- Buy from trusted sites that contain https:// in the address name, not http://.
- Check the source from which you intend to order a product or service in the “Stop Fraud” section of the Cyber Police Department’s website.
- Discuss the details of the transaction only in the chat of online trading platforms without switching to third-party messengers.
- Do not disclose your card expiration date, CVV and PIN to anyone.
- Prefer cash on delivery.
- When making a payment, read the terms and conditions to which you are agreeing (they may include a clause about repeated charges to your card).
9. Do not pay for online purchases when you are connected to the Internet via a public Wi-Fi network.