Soon, Ukraine will continue to experience dry and hot weather. Under such conditions, prolonged exposure to the sun can cause skin burns. The Ministry of Health has issued advice on what to do in case of such a problem.
Follow these tips if you get burned:
– If you feel your skin burning, move immediately to the shade or a cool room;
– Rinse affected areas with cold water and apply wet compresses;
– For symptoms of generalized overheating, apply an ice pack or cold compresses to large vessels for 10-15 minutes;
– Drink more fluids to normalize the body’s water balance, as the skin’s barrier function is compromised due to the burn. This leads to increased moisture loss;
– If blisters appear on the skin, do not touch them until they have healed.
– Cover the affected area of the skin with clothing or a hat.
Important! Do not apply oil or cream to the burn, and do not use products containing alcohol or anesthetics such as lidocaine or benzocaine.