Vice Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk chaired a meeting on veterans’ policy, Cherkasy Regional Military Administration presented a project on the integration of defenders into civilian life called “Veterans’ Platform: Cherkasy Dimension”. Ihor Taburets, the head of the regional military administration, presented the initiative, which is being successfully implemented in the region.
The project provides for the systematization of work at the following levels.
- At the oblast level:
– Establish a position of advisor to the head of the regional executive authority on veterans’ policy;
– Training of psychosocial support specialists;
– Modernization of the administrative structure to meet the needs of veterans.
At the community level:
– Create a position for a veterans outreach specialist;
– Revise the budget to reflect the needs of veterans;
– Appoint a specialized deputy head of the municipality for veterans’ policy;
– creating veterans’ rooms in the settlements, etc.
At the employer and business level:
– Launch the Veteran’s Workplace Project;
– Approve programs for their psychological adjustment;
– Support veteran-owned businesses and facilitate the exchange of experiences.
Iryna Vereshchuk thanked the Cherkasy Regional Military Administration and its head Ihor Taburets for their work and expressed the hope that the ideas of regional veterans’ policy initiated by the people of Cherkasy will become an example to be spread in all regions of Ukraine.