This was discussed at a meeting of the Coordination Headquarters chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk on September 15.
During the meeting, the participants were presented with the implementation details of the All-Ukrainian Mental Health Program “How are you?”, an initiative spearheaded by the First Lady of Ukraine, Olena Zelenska. They also discussed the plans for the Program from 2024 to 2026.
The Mental Health Coordination Center, operating under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, oversees and facilitates the execution of the Program.
The All-Ukrainian Program encompasses a vast ecosystem that spans multiple facets of human existence. These entities comprise the non-governmental sector, regional military administrations, central executive authorities, communities, businesses, the World Health Organization, and international partners.
In 2023, we completed and presented the assessment of the population’s mental health needs, international experience in responding to those needs, and an audit of the service delivery system’s resources at meetings of the Interagency Coordinating Council.
The ministries are currently working together to revise the Action Plan for 2023-2026.
Prioritized projects from the All-Ukrainian Program include:
– Civilian support coordination centers;
– Resilience centers;
– Mental health care integrated into the medical system;
– Psychosocial and psychological assistance provided at all levels of
– Youth centers and active parks as components of the mental health ecosystem.
– Psychosocial support in the areas of culture and information policy;
– Psychosocial support at work, professional resilience;
– System of psychological recovery of personnel of the AFU;
– Transition from military service to civilian life (in terms of psychological support);
– Algorithm of psychological assistance and support in crisis and emergencies.
Deputy Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk stressed the crucial role of higher education institutions in training professionals for the successful implementation of this initiative. As a result, this matter is scheduled to be deliberated in subsequent meetings.
Additionally, the official emphasized the involvement of international donors and ministries that are currently not participating in the initiative to implement the All-Ukrainian Program.