The Cabinet approved a draft resolution created by the Ministry of Reintegration on behalf of the Prime Minister.
This document provides for:
– Improving the ways to pay financial help to people and their families who were taken captive due to the war against Ukraine.
– Clarifying who can be considered a family member of a prisoner.
– Improving the reimbursement of legal aid costs for persons whose detention has been established;
– Ensuring that individuals who were held captive before Law No. 2010-IX may access financial assistance during that period of captivity.
– Introducing state financial aid for political prisoners and their families through authorized representatives.
– Clarification on entering information into the Unified Register for individuals who have been deprived of personal liberty.
Amendments have been made to the resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 328 from April 18, 2018, and No. 1281 from November 15, 2022.
The decision will help enforce the state’s policy for safeguarding the legal and social care of people who have been released from captivity, along with families of war prisoners, civilian hostages, and political detainees.