The Ministry of Reintegration’s hotlines receive calls from IDP women with young children residing in areas without kindergartens. These women explain that this prevents them from going to work.
Therefore, they are worried about whether they will continue to receive their monthly state payments. This allowance amounts to 3,000 UAH per month for people with disabilities and children, and 2,000 UAH for all other IDPs.
This was discussed at a meeting of the Coordination Headquarters for Ensuring the Realization of the Rights and Freedoms of IDPs, chaired by Vice Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk.
According to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 332, for families from vulnerable categories of the population, assistance can be granted to the family for another six months if the family has a child:
– children with disabilities;
-people who care for a person with a disability;
– persons of retirement age;
– families with three or more children under the age of 18;
– minors and young children who have arrived without a legal guardian will receive appropriate care and services.
– if the total income per family member is less than 4 times the poverty threshold.
The Vice Prime Minister has proposed extending IDP payments for six months to a broader category of vulnerable individuals.
“I suggest continuing payments to IDP families with young children in regions without kindergartens. It is crucial to support those who have experienced difficulty due to armed aggression,” stated Iryna Vereshchuk.