Due to the security situation, many Ukrainian schools have introduced distance learning. The police explained to parents how they can keep their children safe while they learn online.
- Install antivirus software on the student’s device and set it to update regularly.
- Create individual accounts for the learning platforms that your child uses during the learning process.
- Agree with your child that they will only use educational programs, messaging apps, and websites provided by their teachers.
- Explain the risk of infecting your device with a computer virus by installing unknown programs and opening suspicious links, emails, and files sent from unfamiliar accounts.
- Teach your child about the risks of sharing private information online, such as personal photos, phone numbers, and addresses.
- Create a culture of ethical communication with others online. Aggression and bullying are not tolerable behaviors.
- Tell your child to be careful with new people they meet on the Internet, especially if the person keeps insisting on being their friend.