During the meeting on veteran policy, the pilot project to introduce the institution of a veteran’s assistant was presented, including its key steps and current status.
During project implementation:
- An information campaign was carried out for the project.
- Identified territorial communities will participate in the project.
- Eleven offices assisting veterans have been established.
- The Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University established the Veteran Development Center.
- Interviews were conducted with candidates for veteran assistants. The training was conducted for 23 candidates for veteran assistants. Eight veteran assistants have already started working.
To further develop the project, it is important to increase the number of assistants for veterans and regulate their pay.