Veterans will receive business development grants worth nearly UAH 100 million

Опубліковано 17 December 2023 року, о 13:30

The Government portal reported that since the start of the veterans’ component of the ‘Grant for Your Own Business’ program, 227 veterans and family members of combatants have won grants worth almost 100 million hryvnias.

66 winners emerged from the fifteenth wave of applications. The state will provide them with 29 million UAH to start or develop their businesses.

Most of them will engage in entrepreneurship in Khmelnytsky, Ternopil, Lviv, and Ivano-Frankivsk regions.

Combatants, persons with war-related disabilities, and their spouses are eligible to receive grants under the program:

– Veterans can receive funding of up to 250 thousand UAH, 500 thousand UAH, and 1 million UAH for creating one, two, and four jobs, respectively.

– Up to UAH 250,000 and up to UAH 500,000 for the veteran’s spouse. One and two jobs must be created, respectively.

To be eligible for a grant ranging from UAH 500,000 to UAH 1 million, a veteran must have been registered as an individual entrepreneur for at least three years.

The grant is provided on the condition that the recipient co-finances the project in a 70/30 ratio. The grant recipient is required to invest 30% of their funds into their business, while the state will provide the remaining 70% in the form of a grant.

Grant applications, with a business plan, are submitted through the Diia portal.