eRecovery Certificates can be exchanged for a new home – how to do it

Опубліковано 27 December 2023 року, о 15:16

Ukrainians can now use housing certificates for destroyed property to purchase a new home. The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine reports.

To buy real estate using the housing certificate, follow these steps:

  • Update the Diia app to the latest version.
  • In the eRecovery section, open the Housing Certificates tab.
  • Click “Book Funds”.
  • Wait for confirmation in the Diia app that the funds have been posted. Confirmation will be received within 5 working days.

You have 30 days to formalize the purchase agreement for a new home. To do this, you must contact a notary public who has access to the Register of Damaged and Destroyed Property. A provisional list of such professionals is available here.

Important! Before you reserve funds, you must terminate the ownership of the destroyed property. Without this, you will not be able to use the certificate.

You can end your ownership at the Administrative Services Center or with a notary with the authority of a state registrar.

To obtain a housing certificate, file a report on the damaged property through Diia. The commission will process the report and determine the amount of compensation. Once completed, the certificate will be displayed in your application with the relevant information.