Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion of Russia, the main mission of the Ministry of Reintegration has been to provide a humanitarian response to the problems of people affected by the war. First and foremost, we are talking about internally displaced persons and residents of the frontline areas.
The main tasks are interagency coordination in the following areas:
- Evacuation of civilians from the endangered areas.
- Humanitarian assistance and social protection of internally displaced persons and residents of frontline areas.
- Restoration and reintegration of the de-occupied territories.
- Integration of internally displaced persons into hosting communities.
- Compliance with the provisions of international humanitarian law.
- Maintaining registers of prisoners of war, civilian hostages, deportees and forcibly displaced persons.
- Assistance to those released from captivity.
- Return of deported citizens.
- Return of the bodies of fallen defenders.
- Search for missing persons. The position of the Commissioner for Missing Persons was created.
- Protection of information sovereignty. Ensuring information influence on residents of the temporarily occupied territories, frontline areas, and de-occupied territories.
- Sanctions policy.
- Mine action.