The State Enterprise “Ukrainian National Center for Peacebuilding” (hereinafter referred to as the State Enterprise, SE “UCIPR”, the enterprise) performs the functions of the National Information Bureau in accordance with the Geneva Conventions relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War and the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War of August 12, 1949, in accordance with the orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 17. 03.2022 No. 228-p “On Determining the State Enterprise Performing the Functions of the National Information Bureau” and No. 434-p “Issues of Implementation of the Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War of August 12, 1949” of 31.05.2022.
The aim of the enterprise is to ensure effective monitoring and documentation of violations of international law by the Russian Federation and to bring it to international legal responsibility for its armed aggression against Ukraine, to perform the functions of the National Information Bureau in accordance with the Geneva Conventions for the Protection of War Victims.
The SE includes:
- Department of Documentation and Keeping Record
- Department for Prisoners of War and Deportees
- Department of Digitalization and Information Protection
- Department of Feedback
- Legal Department
- Department of Documentation, Citizens’ Appeals and Access to Public Information
The state enterprise, in accordance with its tasks:
- promptly reviews information messages and requests from citizens, collects information requested by citizens and provides feedback (information) in response to requests within its authority;
- informs and advises persons released from captivity and/or their legal representatives or other persons who have applied for payments, psychological support, adaptation after release from captivity and other issues;
- provides psychological support to relatives and friends of persons who make inquiries and are in difficult life circumstances.
- ensures coordination of the implementation of priority measures to ensure the social protection of persons released from the captivity of the aggressor state in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 28.10.2022 No. 1210 “Some issues of implementation of priority measures to ensure the social protection of released persons”.
- collects and summarizes information and data on deported and forcibly displaced citizens of Ukraine, deported and forcibly displaced children and minors to the temporarily occupied territories, and persons forcibly mobilized by the occupation administrations for further transmission to the relevant authorities and institutions.
- operates a round-the-clock hotline at the short number 1648 and at +38(044) 287-81-65 (for calls from abroad).
- ensures the operation of the system of receiving messages and appeals through:
– e-mail [email protected];
– Telegram chatbot @nib_uncp_bot;
– Viber chatbot @nib_uncp_bot;
– filling out the form available on the website;
– providing information via Telegram and Viber chatbots online.
To fulfill its functions, the enterprise administers the Registry of Enemy Prisoners of War and the Registry of Defenders of Ukraine, which separately contains information on captured civilians detained and held by the aggressor state (its occupation forces or occupation administrations).
Website of the National Information Bureau: https:// nib.gov.ua/uk
The State Enterprise’s USREOU code (the Unified State Register of Enterprises and Organizations of Ukraine) is 44580262.
The state enterprise is located at the following address: 36-B Yevhenia Konovaltsia St., bldg. A2, Kyiv, 01133
E-mail address: [email protected]