The Directorate for Strategic Planning and European Integration consists of two expert groups:
- Expert Group for European Integration, International Technical Assistance and Cooperation with International Financial Institutions;
- Expert Group for Strategic Planning and Development.
The main tasks of the Expert Group for European Integration, ITA and Cooperation with IFIs are:
- cooperating with international organizations, participating in the preparation of international treaties of Ukraine, preparing proposals for the conclusion and denunciation of such treaties, concluding international treaties of Ukraine and ensuring the fulfillment of Ukraine’s obligations under international treaties, in particular under the Association Agreement between Ukraine, on the one hand, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their member states, on the other hand, on issues within its competence;
- Interaction with international organizations, in particular the UN, OSCE, Council of Europe, relevant bodies and non-governmental organizations of foreign countries, international non-governmental organizations, public associations, and mass media to monitor the human rights situation in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine;
- ensuring cooperation between Ukraine and the EU, as well as EU member states in the field of European and Euro-Atlantic integration within the competence of the Ministry;
- submission of proposals for the development of multilateral international cooperation and conclusion of international agreements on issues within the competence of the Ministry;
- taking measures and organizing work on attracting investments, loans and grants, including funds from international financial organizations and international technical assistance, in order to prepare and perform tasks and implement projects on issues within its competence, and performs other tasks approved by the Regulation on the Expert Group for European Integration, ITA and Cooperation with IFIs of the Ministry for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine.
The main tasks of the Expert Group for Strategic Planning and Development are:
- development of state policy documents and legislative acts for their compliance with the goals and priorities set forth in the Program of Activities of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Government Priority Action Plans, other state policy documents, provisions of the Association Agreement, and other international obligations of Ukraine;
- ensuring preparation of the Ministry’s proposals to the Government’s priority action plans in accordance with the established forms and quality standards;
- monitoring the implementation by the Ministry and central executive authorities of the activities directed and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine through the Vice Prime Minister – Minister of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine, the Program of Activities of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Government’s priority action plans, and other state policy documents, and ensuring the preparation of relevant reports of the Ministry;
- monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of measures to restore and build peace in the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine and adjacent territories;
- analyzing the activities of central and local executive authorities regarding their use of budgetary funds for the implementation of state strategies and programs related to the temporarily occupied and adjacent territories of Ukraine, and adjacent to the TOT territories , submitting proposals for their improvement, and performing other tasks approved by the Regulations on the Expert Group for Strategic Planning and Development of the Ministry of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine.